Fortnight2007_webb1.gif (image) [Fortnight2007_webb1.gif]

Monday, September 04, 2006

Hurrah for Emilys, that's what I say.

Firstly a big huge hurrah for Emily-Angel for doing so fantastically well in the Hydroactive Challenge yesterday. HURRAH! The fantastic little sweetiebobble trouper not only walked 530 metres to cross the finish line to massive applause but this was a stonking 130 metres MORE than she had trained for. I think of it in terms of once round a running track plus a quarter again which is a pretty damn fine distance indeed. So I think a BIG three cheers are in order. Hip Hip...

By all accounts much fun was had yesterday with over 70 angel's supporting Emily and her mammoth fundraising effort. To date, they've raised nearly £10,000 for cf! For a brilliantly written account of the day and some pretty pics (which are definitely worth looking at) see Angel's blog. (How she writes so well and so coherently when she must've been exhausted is a mystery to me. Is there anything this wonderwoman can't do?)

Secondly, I met my friend Emily from college in town today and she managed to perform the miracle task of un-grumping me. Waking up in Leeds this morning, still really tired from all my travelling, stressing about whether I should go back to college and if so (or if not), questioning what I am doing with my life. So I was in a seriously blue post-holiday mood and not a happy bunny. I kept wishing I hadn't said I'd meet up as I just wanted to say snuggled up on the sofa all day.

It would've been too easy for me not to go but I'm soooo glad I did because I felt a million times better and I know that if I'd stayed at home I would just be feeling sorry for myself in a big Lucy grump which is not a very pretty thing. So, yay for me for going out and yay for Emily for making me feel better. I think the little dog (not real) that she gave me as a Noodle-substitute definitely helped my mood. Speaking of Noodle, her mummy's now back from Japan so I think I'll give her a call and see if Noodle therapy is back on. Especially, as I appear to need all the un-grumping help I can get!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home