Fortnight2007_webb1.gif (image) [Fortnight2007_webb1.gif]

Monday, August 14, 2006

Hello! Am posting from down South where I am having to put up with a ridiculously slow computer... again. I decided that the coldness of Leeds was far too much for an August weekend - after all it is meant to be the height of summer. I was being my usual stubborn self and wasn't going to do an H and wear a fleece or my winter jacket on a summer day, but I should've as I was shivering in Harrogate on Saturday.

But the day wasn't all bad. In the morning we went to a kit car show in H's car and I think it was the first time I didn't have my eyes closed, my fingers in my ears and didn't scream my head off when he was zooming along. Normally it feels like I'm on a rollercoaster and can't believe I'm still in one piece when we get home.

After the show, we went to Harrogate with the sole aim of going to the famous Betty's tea shop. As there was a long queue out of the door we just bought a few cakes (well ten pounds for five!) and sat on a bench and ate a couple like greedy pigs.

Then, seeing as I'm really into charity shops at the moment, we went to the Oxfam shop next door. I went upstairs to look at the books and then H came up with the cake box (which he was carrying flat so the expensive cakes wouldn't get crushed) and the Oxfam lady said: "Oh he's bought the cakes!" Then H who is currently reading 'Join Me' a book by Danny Wallace (which incidently, I bought him from a charity shop), said that one of the things it encourages people to do, is Random Acts of Kindness (RAoKs) such as giving old ladies cakes. So, I told him, "Go on then." (Mind you, I'm not sure if I would have been so generous - seeing how much I love cakes, especially as she could've taken my chocolate mousse mouse, luckily she didn't. She picked H's tarte au citron.)

This is what H wrote on the www.join-me.co.uk website (which is his new favourite thing. Sorry can't do a proper link as I'd be here all night if I try and open more than one page.):

Taking inspiration from the idea of biscuits making people happy, today I offered an Oxfam volunteer one of the rather nice cakes I'd just bought from the posh cake shop next door. I had to assure her that she really could have one, and that I didn't mind that she wanted the biggest one (which happened to be my favourite)!

It felt great and qualifies for my first genuinely Random AoK, I think I'll make a habit of it!


Yay! Well done to H and for RAoKs!

1 Comments:

At 9:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know that you should really be joining me on www.join-me.co.uk

It's great fun and other people even enjoy it too!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home