Fortnight2007_webb1.gif (image) [Fortnight2007_webb1.gif]

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

What a horrible, rainy old day. At least the ground's getting some much needed rain and I don't have to water my tomatoes which I'm a bit rubbish at doing...but exciting news, I have just noticed my first orange one!

I realised last night that I'm totally addicted to the internet. OK I had realised before but last night was the proof that the addiction had got waaaaay out of hand. All H and I seem to do all evening is pass the laptop between us but last night, shock, horror, we decided to watch a film. This meant that for two hours we concentrated on something that didn't come into our house via the broadband connection. And, you know what? It was lovely.

Pretty much the first thing I do when I wake up and the last thing I do before I go to bed is surf the net and I check it (blogs, cf forum, emails, maybe houses or jobs depending on how I feel) a few hundred times in between. I've just started to log onto msn (instant messaging for any non-msn types) but I don't really like it because it causes me to stress out that no one else is ever on it...because they actually have a life.

So, I've decided that I need to ration my internet access. I'm going cold turkey on msn and to manipulate and hijack a classic phrase from my youth: I'm going to turn off the computer and go and do something else instead.

Ooh, but first I'm going to urge Tony Blair to call for an immediate ceasefire in the Middle East and you can too by clicking here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home