Fortnight2007_webb1.gif (image) [Fortnight2007_webb1.gif]

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Back to me, myself and I, I'm afraid as I've been feeling quite 'wobbly' recently. Although, I am feeling a bit better this morning. :)

It started last week when I decided I wanted job. Not just any old job, mind you, I want to work for Friends of the Earth or Oxfam in campaigns or publicity. At first, I saw it as a really positive 'This is what I want to do with my life' thing but then I realised the reality of trying to achieve it is like trying to find a needle in a haystack. I'd be up against all the super-bright Oxbridge graduates who've been reducing their ecological footprints since they learnt to walk and have wanted to work for these organisations since they were 13 and first heard about animal testing. On the plus side, both do have small offices in Leeds but they are hardly mass recruiters.

So I have been looking quite hard (for me) and I have found a few jobs in Leeds that are more journalism and less environmental and I think maybe that'll be OK, until I remember it's not what I really want to do. Oh and they're full-time as well...Although aren't you meant to be able to ask any employer if you can go part-time now, or is that only if you've got kids?

Also, I've realised that I really want a house. Vanessa is moving and I've been looking around for houses for her when I've been walking Noodle and have decided that I want one too (in true me-toddler style). But house prices around here have gone up in the past year and H wants to live in Huddersfield anyway. But, I'm not sure I could cope with moving somewhere new. I like Chapel Allerton and have a couple of friends in Leeds, which isn't so speedy, after one and a half years!

Although, on a non-selfish note, H is getting some www.idgiveyouone.co.uk stickers for his kit car, so hopefully that will happy an Angel up. Hurrah!

Also, we raised £45 for my Oxfam walk at our BBQ the other week. :) This means I hit my target of £150...so obviously I've had to increase it! So far, I've raised £199.23 (including gift aid) so a BIG thank you to all my sponsors. My justgiving page is still active (until August 17) so you can still sponsor me if you want. Thanks.x

1 Comments:

At 5:26 PM, Blogger Simba said...

Err dogsy, the question is, why are you still going to Budgens?

You haven't even got the excuse that it's on your way to work anymore!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home