Fortnight2007_webb1.gif (image) [Fortnight2007_webb1.gif]

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

I know it's not big and it's not clever but I've got quite brown arms and feet and it makes me feel really good about myself. Why is that?

I didn't mean to get suntanned and I know that your skin turning brown is evidence of sun damage, ages you and gives you wrinkles and, of course, there's the risk of the big C.

I didn't sunbathe and always wore a hat and factor 25 suncream but when you go camping you spend a lot of time outside and getting suntanned just seems to happen. I'm more suntanned now than I was when I went to Turkey two years ago! Although obviously not on my legs which are still as white as ever.

However, I do look a bit stupid with white stripes from by flip flop bars (what is that bit actually called?) on my feet so I'll guess I'll have to fake tan anyway...But it just takes too much effort. Not for my mum though who wondered why she was so brown (or rather orange!) and realised she'd been using self-tanning cream instead of moisturiser!

Maybe it's all the Vitamin D I've been receiving from the sun that makes me feel good? (Of course, this would just be a boost as I'm really good at taking my vitamins...honestly!) Or maybe it's just good old vanity? But I did read an article recently that argued that the sun has been demonised too much and that avoiding it totally does more harm than good. Also, I've probably already done any potential damage to my skin/self/life when in my teens I got very pink and burnt and in agony a few times or when I tried to burn my face so my spots would peel off with my skin. Probably not the best idea I've ever had. (Oh dear, I seem to say this quite a lot on here.)

Anyway, I think it's the shade for me today as it's too hot in my house. Yesterday I took Noodle for a walk but we didn't do much walking, thank goodness. Noodle found it a bit hot too and was very content to sit in the shade of the lovely big trees in the old graveyard and chew sticks, which means I got to sit in the shade and watch her for an hour. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home