Fortnight2007_webb1.gif (image) [Fortnight2007_webb1.gif]

Thursday, July 13, 2006

**Stop press**
It's National Transplant Week. OK, it's nearly the end of National Transplant Week but better late than never, that's what I say. There's still a couple of awareness-raising days to go, so don your t-shirts which, of course, you've all bought and spread the word.

Without even realising, my mum helped to promote it when she wore her 'Live Life Then Give Life' t-shirt to her school sports day yesterday where she ran the last 100m of the relay. At least she knew how to pass the baton this year - last year when they included a teachers' race for the first time, I had to teach her how to receive it (we practiced with a kitchen roll inner bit).

And to my surprise, I did help... Although I almost messed up the whole race. My mum didn't know that you have to start running BEFORE your teammate reaches you, so I helped out there but I also told her to use the wrong arm (making her go all twisted and confusing her teammates). Whoops!

Anyway much fun was had by all, although obviously they lost...again! Well they were racing against super-fit P.E. teachers.

However, lots of people commented on my mum's t-shirt to tell her they were on the donor register. :) (Hilarious) pictures to follow, I hope!!

Emily (Angel, Tinypoppet etc) has also been doing lots of awareness-raising which you might have seen. She's been on GMTV and ITV news, spoken at the House of Lords (Which you probably won't have seen, although I might have a secret Lords' readership, who knows?), as well as a WHOLE article on the BBC website, (Read it here.)

Oh dear, seems like I'm the only person who's not doing anything. Umm... I think I'll wear my t-shirt with pride and give out some leaflets at our BBQ on Saturday. H has appointed himself social secretary and has organised a BBQ for the racing types this weekend. About 30 people are currently coming and numbers keep rising, eek. This wouldn't be so bad but H has promised chicken, steak, burgers, salad and kebabs!

You can think of me having loads of fun making about 100 kebabs outside our tent all Saturday afternoon. (I hope it's not going to be too hot as it's not going to be the most hygenic enterprise...) And I have all that to look forward to once I've got over the stress of going to an evil supermarket to buy all the food and then after the BBQ, I'll be stressing about all the non-recyclable waste that we've created. It's soooo much fun being me! Enjoy your weekend.

1 Comments:

At 9:43 AM, Blogger Simba said...

Hey dogsy,
Beal can be spelt with or without an 'e', don't you know.

Luckily, there was a Co-op which is one of the less evil of the evil ones.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home