Fortnight2007_webb1.gif (image) [Fortnight2007_webb1.gif]

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Just when I was appeasing myself by saying I was going to plant some trees to offset my emissions, there was a story on the news last night about how it doesn't really help and you should just try and create as little carbon dioxide as possible in the first place. Humpf, spoil sports. OK, I know it's obvious really but why is being environmentally-friendly so difficult?

Well, the day is ticking away and I am sort of packed and just hoping they'll let me on the plane with my insulin pen. At Gatwick once, (oh dear, I seem to be exposing my un-green credentials again) after thoroughly investigating my nebuliser the security people went though my bag and took my insulin pen away to a special desk for additional checking. Why? What did they expect to find in there, apart from insulin, of course?!

We're actually staying on the island of Gozo, next door to Malta, which I like the sound of very much. H thought I was making it up because it does sound like a Sesame Street character. (Sadly, he isn't coming because he's got to do this strange thing which I've vaguely heard people talking about called work.) Also, I've found out that my Grandad was posted in Malta during the war so it would've been good to ask him about it but unfortunately he's not around anymore. I don't think he had much fun there so I'm hoping we'll have a better time.

So, so long lovely people. I leave you with the good news that Angel had a trip home in the week :) and is doing funny walks up and down the ward in training for the Hydro Active Challenge which takes place next Sunday. This is the event that she has been doing muchly impressive fund-raising for. Over £6,500 so far. Gulp. Hurrah!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home