Fortnight2007_webb1.gif (image) [Fortnight2007_webb1.gif]

Friday, November 24, 2006

I've been more awake today but I haven't achieved a great deal i.e. nothing. I've tried that 'feet on floor, legs walk thing' but I just say "No" to myself which isn't exactly helpful. I'm quite sad that this trick didn't work as it looked so good in theory and I had visions of a lazy me being turned into some highly efficient robot who could be instructed around the house to do all sorts of good deeds: put hands under tap, get them wet and wash up; or feet walk to hoover, hands plug in hoover and feet walk around room with hoover hoovering up. In my head I had this vision that I would tell myself these commands and I'd do them - simple, all my problems solved. In fact, this solution was so good that because I was being ordered around robot-style it wouldn't even feel like I was doing these tasks. I didn't account for a pesky me throwing a spanner in the works.

I've resorted to blogging in the hope that it can motivate me to function, as sometimes happens. The theory goes that by writing down and publishing my uselessness, I will be so ashamed of myself that I leap off the sofa and propel myself out of the house so I can take part in the world which exists outside these four walls. Again another good theory, the problem as ever is me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home