Fortnight2007_webb1.gif (image) [Fortnight2007_webb1.gif]

Friday, November 17, 2006

YAY! I survived the week and even had H at home today to keep me company but I've returned to blogging from the sofa as I have a very unhappy back. Apart from that, things are looking up, I went to my first FLASH (Focus Learning And Self Help) session yesterday and they were really pleased with the homework I'd done and the goals I'd set myself. (Instead of talking about my problems, they encourage and help me to 'do' stuff. By doing stuff, miraculously, I feel better because I'm not stressing, worrying and being grumpy.) My main goal is to get up at at 9am and to do my medicine by 10. That might seem like a not too seemingly difficult task but I seem to have considerable trouble with it. My other goals include going swimming at least once a week, which I have actually achieved and ringing and emailing friends which I haven't.

FLASH has a lot of self-help leaflets for you to browse while you are waiting, one of them is called, "How to activate yourself'" and it includes my favourite ever self-help tip on how to get you out of a depressive cycle and start doing things again. It says, "If you have difficulty getting down to a particular activity, tell your body in detail what to do. 'Get on with it,' is too vague. 'Legs, walk. Hand, pick up pen. Now write.'"

I love that. I shall it out now. "Toes uncurl, foot stretch out, leg and foot move forward, other leg and foot move forward, lift up back, put down computer and put hands on sofa, lift up on arms and move feet one at a time, propel forward and err, tidy up the mess I've just made."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home