Fortnight2007_webb1.gif (image) [Fortnight2007_webb1.gif]

Thursday, November 02, 2006

I haven't been posting so much recently as I'm trying to be more active. Yep I know it's a bit of a shock from the one whose sofa has become an extension of her body. It first started when I filled in a form from the council about how much exercise I do. I thought with my cycling up to the shops and err, well that's about it. That my exercise levels were quite good, definitely better than they have been in the past (to my shame). What I actually found was that you're meant to do 30 minutes of exercise three times a week which I was no way doing and my score, if there had've been one, would be very low.

There's no reason why I can't do more exercise, it's just laziness on my behalf and in the past complicated explanations about why I don't have to do exercise. Don't ask. But I think I've managed to put that particular piece of mentalness behind me.

Also, I went to see my GP on Tuesday, she told me that I really should be doing more exercise purely from a depression point of view as there are loads of studies that prove how it helps. I remembered a time at uni when I got into a habit of going to the gym and not only did I feel better but I also felt in control of my health.

So I'm thinking, Yes, I really must do some more exercise, especially as I'm not walking Noodle anymore, but the inertia that is me was still not doing anything about it. Then my sister rang, she told me she was going swimming that afternoon and why didn't I go although unfortunately it wouldn't be with her as she was hundreds of miles away. I ummed and ahhed and complained that if I was to go I'd have to cycle up a hill to get there and that was far too much exercise for me so I said I would go but not today. My sister asked me what else I had planned for that afternoon, to which obviously, I said I had nothing organised. She laid down the law when she found out how near the pool is to my house and said I had to go.

I looked on the website and found that there was a lunchtime swimming session, I packed my swimming stuff and psyched myself up to go...

Then I got distracted from my task ahead and started listening to the radio and resting on the sofa. Grrrrrrrrr, I hate myself. What is wrong with me?

But I'd had enough, last Friday had been awful and I needed to break my cycle of moodswings. I HAD to change and become a person I didn't despise. I planned to go to the next public swimming session at four and I knew I must go.

So off I set and I realised the hill wasn't half as steep as it had been in my head and I arrived at the swimming pool not too exhausted and able to do some swimming. Shockingly I've never been swimming there before and the pool was actually really nice, although it might not have been as good as I thought as I didn't have my glasses on! But I had a good swim and felt amazing afterwards, better than I'd felt in ages. Yay for my sister for making me go swimming and yay for the swimming pill.

3 Comments:

At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You sister sounds like she is the most wonderful, scwubsy, bean- faced adam in the whole wide wiggly world xx

 
At 8:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

excuse me-what about a mention of your swimming doggy dog? x

 
At 8:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo mummie,
its me mr. M. I hav bin naughts 2day cos I hit Jack!! He was tryin to play wiv me, i'll b nicer to im it the future. I luv my new blanky & scwubsing on your bed.
Luv Mich xxxxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home