Fortnight2007_webb1.gif (image) [Fortnight2007_webb1.gif]

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Am sleepy today. Don't know whether it's because I had a GP's appointment this morning and so had to set my alarm (I REALLY don't like doing that) or because I walked about two miles yesterday. (I needed to get some change for the bus so decided to walk to the shop and change some but obviously I didn't allow enough time and the bus sped past me! I thought there must be another bus down the road which I could hop on but there wasn't so I ended up walking half the way to the hospital! I seem to always do these crazy kind of things which I always think are quite fun and exciting at the time (clearly, I need to get out more ;)).

Anyway, the good news is that the GP agreed that I should change one of my drugs as the side-effects are too bad. Except that the withdrawal effects are as bad as bad as the side-effects. So clearly more fun is expected. But, hurrah things are moving forward.

BEING GREEN - I was out when an H package was delivered today so we had to go to the outskirts of Leeds to pick it up this evening. To make the most of our journey (even though the drive there was quite fun, damn) we went to Ikea (which was over the road) as H wanted to buy a CD rack that actually looks OK rather than a bit of black painted tat that looks horrendous as most CD racks do. As we were on a mission to buy one thing we speeded round the shop but seeing all the pretty things, I remembered that there are loads of good things in the world that you can purchase to make your house pretty which, in turn, makes you happy which is obviously bad as it's consuming stuff, but at least we didn't buy anything that we didn't actually need. And at least Ikea is a bit environmentally friendly in that it charges five pence for a carrier bag (but, of course, we didn't need any of the evil things).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home