Fortnight2007_webb1.gif (image) [Fortnight2007_webb1.gif]

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

I was given a glowing report by my consultant yesterday, which should've been a good thing. In a way it was, my lung function was up a bit thanks to all the cycling I've been doing, but that wasn't enough.

I told my doctor about how my stomach's been playing up but when I said this, he just swept it away with his favourite phrase "it's settled down now has it?" Later he did say he could feel my gut which isn't a good sign but didn't seem worried. But I am worried and it's my body, so why didn't I ask for an x-ray?

I didn't ask because I was feeling so good about the clean bill of health I was receiving that my stomach complaints just seemed to evaporate. For that moment in the consulting room all my problems seemed to disappear. Here was my consultant telling me my cf was no problem, so what are my problems? There shouldn't be any (cf being the major one). Hurrah, I'm mended!

Also, I do have a plan. It involves going to see my gp to change one of my non-cf meds which I'm pretty such worsens my stomach problems and gives me other yucky side-effects. I did try to talk about this yesterday but it just got pushed aside and I thought if that's your attitude then fine, I'll go somewhere which I hope is more receptive. Not really so good for my relationship with my cf team but I'll try them again if my gp lets me down.

1 Comments:

At 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hurray,I'm glad you're being kind to your blog,who is a faithful and selfless friend. He/She, definitely not 'it', has enabled your friends and family to get to know you better and understand your life more, quite apart from the good it-oops sorry, does you.

Yea hay yes-sort out your GP. They are there to serve us and we should get what we want from them.

Keep cycling and give yourself a sticker for doing it, that's what I do. I failed to get one yesterday as I didn't go yogaring, maybe I should have a sticker for the gruelling exercise of being an interviewee! Don't forget to praise yourself for achievements, however 'small' you might think thet are.

Thanks for support yesterday. xxpxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home