Fortnight2007_webb1.gif (image) [Fortnight2007_webb1.gif]

Monday, October 02, 2006

Much, much, muchly reduced GRUMPINESS. Why do I always over-react to everything? Am feeling much better today whereas yesterday I felt that everything was hopeless and was spiralling out of my control. I thought, How can I be a stupendous Friends of the Earth volunteer who they'll want to promote to head of campaigns in a few weeks, if I'm ill and can't even get out of bed? It's all hopeless, hopeless. Which is obviously a completely stupid thing to think on more than one level. OK, I'm thinking now that being a bit ill isn't the end of the world and I'm making a mountain out of a molehill, again. But then, that's me for you.

GETTING A GRIP - Yep, I know I'm lucky that I'm not more ill and I need to make the most of it. I am still doing quite a bit of cycling and have new funky lights for my bike which are very bright and pretty. A double whammy with exercise being good for cf and freaky heads.

BEING GREEN - I can't believe that the government has completely ignored its own green procurement policy and has used illegally logged wood from the Papua New Guinea rainforest in the refurbishment of the Houses of Parliament. Grrrrrrrrr. That's what I say.

Greenpeace is quite rightly outraged by this and is putting pressure on Tony Blair to make sure that the government only uses timber certified by the Forest Stewardship Council and to introduce legislation to ban all imports of illegal timber into the UK. If you click here you can send a fax (for free) telling Mr Blair to sort out his timber procurement policy and to stop wreaking virgin forests.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home