Fortnight2007_webb1.gif (image) [Fortnight2007_webb1.gif]

Saturday, December 22, 2007

In a word, awesome.

Goodbye and a hug from the lovely Colin (He is the real Farmer Hoggart of The Sheep Pig/Babe). Then an interesting drive to the harbour with Christine. On the way we saw two pukekos and some harrier hawks and then went on a walk up the hill with an amazing view and then we went to the end of highway one where we watched the Greenpeace boat come in - it was there to refuel before going down to Antarctica to try and stop the Japanese whaling ships. How cool was that? I couldn't have planned it better. Obviously i didn't plan it.

A hug and goodbye to Christine and then on the Stewart Island ferry, a quick detour into the bay so we could see the Greenpeace boat properly. Then on our way to Stewart Island we saw albatross and flying fish before arriving at the gorgeous harbour that is Halfmoon bay. On the way in we passed a couple of gorgeous little bays - white sand with green, blue and purple sea.

Christine's friend Gwen came to say hi to me when i landed and told me to pop up to hers for a drink later. Then I went to the hostel where I met some friendly English-types. I met a nice boy called Ian and we went for a walk to some of the gorgeous little bays we'd seen (with some knee-deep sinking sand). After that I went to the beach and sewed up my trousers (again), then i walked up to Gwen's for a drink.

I came back to the hostel watched a bit of tv and then went up to the observation point with Ian to watch the sun set. There were some other people up there and i shared my banana cake that i'd made yesterday with them. It went down well. There were parrots and pretty birds singing and flying around. Then we came back to the hostel had some tea and toast and chatted to some interesting people. Result.

2 Comments:

At 1:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so lovely to read your blog Lucy and hear what an incredible journey you are on, in every respect. I hope you're proud of yourself lady - you certainly should be! Have a fabulous Christmas, I'll look forward to more of your adventures in the new year. Laura xx

 
At 6:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucky you-Farmer Hoggart-one of my all time loves. Did he dance for you?? Love p xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home