Fortnight2007_webb1.gif (image) [Fortnight2007_webb1.gif]

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Had a pretty cool day today. One of my jobs entailed going to find a pony and leading him back to the house (other jobs included cleaning a car and a truck so not so fun but not too bad either and I'm getting to be pretty much an expert) and then after learning about the economic history of nz, I went kayaking.

I took a kayak out from the beach and at first I was a bit nervous when I went around the headland as the sea got a bit choppy and my arms were achy (i'm not sure why, must be all that cleaning) but then it got easier. Also I realised that the sea was pretty shallow (as my oars hit the bottom). It was really cool being in the water and the scenery was just awesome with bright green mountains surrounding the bay and hundreds of pine trees leading down to the shore. And it was so peaceful and relaxing to hear the splish, splash of the oars in the water, the waves lapping against the kayak and the seagulls.

Then this evening I played a bit of tennis, not properly but just hit the ball back a few times and although quite a few of them went to the back of the court, none went over so that was pretty impressive.

I've just noticed an interesting correlation here between happy, non-stressing me and physical activity...

2 Comments:

At 9:58 AM, Blogger Fi said...

I just wrote about the same thing on my blog! how lack of activity drives me mad. I love kayaking. And tennis. Dear god you're just me in disguie ;)
xx

 
At 9:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

me again - great news re Colin & Christine - they're v nice and say hi to Glen the dog - I've got one just like him!Let me know how you get on....
xxxFi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home