Fortnight2007_webb1.gif (image) [Fortnight2007_webb1.gif]

Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I don't want to shatter any illusions about the new, happy 'living in the now' me but I have been a bit stressed recently...It's certainly harder to maintain a stress-free existence living in the city, although it is a really nice city with lots of green space and beautiful river running through it. Or maybe it's not the city at all but the fact that things are surfacing in my mind that I've been avoiding thinking about? Actually, I know it's that. I'm worried about visas and plans and flights and medicines and jabs.

But instead of following my new 'no problem' mantra, ie either accept or take action to change the situation, I'm not accepting and I'm not taking any action hence the situation doesn't change. Or rather things get worse because I know there are these nagging things I need to deal with which I'm not dealing with.

New philosophy: Maybe I should take stock of what I've achieved, rather than worry about the future?

By the way, great Eckhart Tolle quote, my favourite so far: "I have lived with several Zen masters - all of them cats." Think I might plagiarise that one.

Also to realise that going from Mrs Stress of Stressland to being someone so much more relaxed was never going to be the smoothest of smooth transitions and like anything they'll be ups and downs.

2 Comments:

At 8:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
I'm not surprised life feels a little more difficult at the moment. K I seemed such a special experience . You sound has if you have a good understanding of why you feel more stressed. Like nearly everyone you put off tricky things and then as the pressure mounts they appear to be even more difficult. Good luck with dealing with one issue today and then the next one will follow more easily. I bet you'll love the NZ countryside. x G

 
At 9:14 AM, Blogger Tinypoppet said...

there will always be ups and downs lovely and you are doing fabulously....

btw exciting news incase you haven't heard on the CF grapevine yet: Oli got his call Monday night and is doing (so far) really really well!! YAYAY! xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home