Fortnight2007_webb1.gif (image) [Fortnight2007_webb1.gif]

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

If you looked at my blog yesterday you would've seen the start of my latest philosophical essay. The computer (always blame the computer, it's never my fault) was playing up so I published my masterpiece before it was ready. Oh I've just realised that proclaiming your own piece of work a masterpiece isn't what's normally done and now I've raised any expectations you might have to ridiculously high levels. Anyway, it's not finished yet.

Practical things are that I've booked my tickets from Melbourne to Christchurch on 3 December. YAY! I have to be out of Oz by 6 December because I only have a three month visa and picked Christchurch because it was the cheapest place in NZ to fly to and seemed as good a place as any. And anyway I'll get to the other cities and sites along the way. I will, honestly. I won't spend all my time in one place like I have done here.

Here's still good but the atmosphere and tempo have changed because all the other staff came back on Monday. It's still good but not as good. Before I had the run of the lovely big kitchen and got to use the juice machine and make yummy juices all day long. Now I've been kicked out because the chefs are back - well, I guess you can't have everything. I've still been enjoying the work and the tomato plants have grown loads as have the strawberries and fennel and some other plants I'm not sure what they are.

I've also been sorting out a shed and have found lots of treasures including a 1975 map of Kangaroo Island as well as some moisturiser and other toiletries which are on my shopping list. That and a very dead mouse. It's easy sorting out junk when it's not your own and there's plenty of junk here. It's been quite cathartic and I keep thinking, why have they kept this stuff? It doesn't work. My now thinking is definitely helping me with getting rid of stuff, so I should be up for a big purge when I get back.

Today I had to do some office work which hasn't been so fun although I did still get a gorgeous afternoon on a secret mini-beach at the other end of the Snelling's Beach which I only found the other day. I sat there with the sun beaming down on me and read The Alchemist which, incidentally, Rob was reading while we were camping. I'm really liking it and it is totally in tune with my 'now' philosophy. And now I'm getting yummy food cooked for me-we either get the leftovers from the guests or the chefs cook us (staff) scrumptious meals so I can't complain too much.

But I'm thinking that it's time to move on. I'm moving out of my lovely Stone House on Friday where I've been thoroughly spoilt with a sea view and wallabies to welcome me home most evenings. I think sometime next week I should leave but not KI as I still haven't seen most of its highlights. Is The December Boys with Daniel Radcliffe out in the UK? That's set here on KI and the peninsula between here and Adelaide. So check it out if you want to see where I (sort of) am.

I've also changed my ticket home to sometime far in the future...

2 Comments:

At 7:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

'ticket home far in the future...'-i'll have to come out to aust.-belva permitting xxxx xxxx

 
At 3:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was worried you'd never want to leave! You sound well organised. good luck with the next stage, x G

 

Post a Comment

<< Home