Fortnight2007_webb1.gif (image) [Fortnight2007_webb1.gif]

Saturday, September 29, 2007

Well I've made it to Kangaroo Island (KI)- the place I've been obsessed with for the past few weeks. I arrived on the evening ferry so I haven't had a good chance to see the island yet but I have already seen one of the little penguins that live on the island. In fact they live just over the road from the hostel and are so the cutest things ever. I only saw one because I decided to go out just as it started raining and I don't think the penguins like the rain but at least I managed to test out my new purple waterproof/windproof jacket and was pretty impressed.

I saw a pelican on my way to the island which is the second pelican I've seen. Other animals are: possum and baby possum, two possums in the park and two possums in a possum box, lots of beaut (Aussism) parrots in the park, a snake (black with yellow belly and pretty close...), a bandicoot (the one that ate my meds), lots of kangaroos, I think I saw a wallaby although I'm not sure if it was one or just a little kangaroo. I've heard lots of frogs croaking at night and heard lots of little penguins although just seen one so far. Plus an eagle (from the Indian-Pacific) and lots of pretty birds. Chooks (is that how you spell it) in the garden of the lovely people I stayed with last weekend and they also had a baby turtle too.

I think that's about it for now but my animal count will shortly go up as KI is the place for animals and so obviously I plan to spend a lot of time here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home