Fortnight2007_webb1.gif (image) [Fortnight2007_webb1.gif]

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Hellooooooooooo! Here I am on the other side of the world in Esperance! Yes, I made it although if it hadn't been for my sis, I'd probably still be stressing at home, moving piles of medicines around the floor and not knowing how to finish packing.

Catching a chest infection before I left probably wasn't the best idea I'd ever had but it seems to have almost gone and at least I'm getting to use up all the antibiotics I've been prescribed. Otherwise it would just be a waste carrying them here.

So, the flight was amazing I had only about an hour in Dubai (where I could see them creating new islands as I flew in) before catching a connecting flight to Perth. The flight was only a third full so everyone spread out and I could lie across three seats and get loads of sleep which was muchly needed as i was so stressed before I left. It was like I had an exam or something.

Anyway, lovely Rob met me at the airport and we went to the Criterion Hotel for a few hours which is apparently the oldest hotel in Perth and is a really cool art deco building. We got up early the next day to catch the prospector train to Kalgoorlie where Rob's brother lives. The next couple of days I did lots of sleeping and relaxing. We also went to the local shops where I saw what weird colours their crisp packets are - green for chicken and pink for salt and vinegar! Yep this trip is all about the important things.

I also saw lots of mines including the super pit which is mega, mega pit with lots of trucks with wheels the size of rooms moving around like ants (not a very original description but hey, ho).

The coolest thing was when we drove on into the bush on Sunday and saw kangeroos jumping about in front of us on the road. Unfortunately I didn't get to stroke them but hopefully next time.

Other than that, I'm loving the fact that I"m here and that it's only a month past winter and it's so hot. I'm also loving the rich red earth and my lack of stress. Hurrah!

Yesterday, Rob and I drove south to Esperance which is on the coast and where it is much greener. Today we're driving to a national park.

Will be in touch xx

5 Comments:

At 9:50 AM, Blogger Fi said...

Yay! I was wondering how you were getting on. I'm glad you're having a good time - flights where you can stretch out are sooo good. I wonder if you're going to make it to NZ? I hope so...

Have fun and keep the good feeling going. I envy you...
Fi
xx

 
At 8:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey yeh beanie!

What crazy crisp packets...and sqwabsy kangeroos. MM would love bouncing around with them.

Red earth-haven't gone to Mars have you?

Lovely to hear from you. Cecil and Ann came over and A said you are very welcome to stay with her. Love and sqw. xxxxx p xxxxx

 
At 7:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amazing to be in contact with you from Canada,the world isn't such an enormous place. So glad you had a good flight and seem to have recovered quickly from jet lag. Looking forward to getting good tips from you before we go to Oz. enjoy the weather and company and new experiences. Love G X

PS We dont have kangaroos but we have an elk as a neighbour by our log cabin!

 
At 3:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to Oz! Enjoy the wild places. Look forward to catching up with you in Melbourne - there's a spare room in my house
Jo

 
At 5:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes your sis sounds quite spectacular.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home