Fortnight2007_webb1.gif (image) [Fortnight2007_webb1.gif]

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

I love it when the sky turns black and moody and it feels like night-time when it's only the middle of the afternoon. Thunder and lightening starts it off, and then the rain. Buckets of rain. Hard pelting rain.

I put my arms out of the window. I want them to feel the force of the rain because the rain’s so alive and it makes my arms feel alive. I’m watching the clouds and the rain pour down and I like listening to the noise it makes; an awakening sort of noise.

My boss closes the windows because the rain’s coming in, in big splashes, and even when I leave just an inch open, the force of the rain splatters the sill in seconds, so I have to close it totally. But I don’t want to, I want to let the rain come in and I want to watch it falling from the dark sky because it makes me feel; it makes me feel vibrant and alive, and I’ve spent too much time feeling dead.

1 Comments:

At 9:03 AM, Blogger meredic said...

Oh hey yes. There is an old shed on my mountain with a tin roof and its just the business when the fat rains fall. The sort of place that you can sit on slow, and let life pass by.
There is great comfort in the sound of rain on a tin roof.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home