Fortnight2007_webb1.gif (image) [Fortnight2007_webb1.gif]

Thursday, August 02, 2007

What a difference a few weeks makes.

I went to Vanessa's on Tuesday. I hadn't seen her for three weeks as she's been in Japan and I told her I'd just come back from Italy (that's where I've been in case anyone was wondering). Last time I saw her, I said I definitely wasn't going because I couldn't cope. *
Insert here any number of Lucy-type insecurities related to weddings, friends and lots of people. I'm sure that by reading this blog you could pick a few.*

Then I said how even after I'd booked my tickets, I wasn't looking forward to it because I was so apprehensive about what I'd do after my job ends (tomorrow, by the way) until that was, I booked my tickets to Australia. And quite surprised but very pleased she said: "You're going to Australia?" And I couldn't believe she didn't know. (Does anyone else like starting sentences with And as much as me? Oh yes, my old boss, maybe that's where I get it from.)

Anyway, Italy was amazing. Even though my stomach seriously misbehaved and dispersible aspirins became my new best friend (and my new favourite painkiller), I couldn't believe how much better I felt and how much better I now feel.

So different. Good different.

1 Comments:

At 10:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It was great to see you at the wedding and you did cope fantastically with a misbehaving stomach. I hope you are enjoying sunshine in leeds - it feels like summer has finally come to england. Looking forward to seeing you again in a few weeks. Sam (guitar man) is coming to the wedding now as well and staying at your hotel. A xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home