Fortnight2007_webb1.gif (image) [Fortnight2007_webb1.gif]

Friday, October 12, 2007

Yesterday was amazing.

Rachel and Jess who run the retreat came back from Adelaide on Wednesday and cooked dinner for Kate (who runs the cafe), her boyfriend and me. They bought the food up to The Stone House and we had dinner there. The food was yummy, (Rachel is a top chef which is why people pay so much to come here), the drink great (lots of red sparkling wine) and dance moves, funky. Well I have been practising quite a lot.

So surprise, surprise, I woke up not feeling so great the next day, especially as Kate left at 2.45am! (Rachel and Jess weren't drinking as they are on a forty-day cleansing diet. More of that in my next blog.) Luckily my task in the morning wasn't too taxing as I just had to unpack loads of wine and in my not-quite-so-with-it-state I spent ages doing it and got quite obsessed about all the bottles lining up and looking pretty.

In the afternoon we went to Kingscote where Rachel runs a yoga class and I was getting ridiculously excited about going to town - as I hadn't been to any shops for over a week. It takes about 45 minutes to drive to Kingscote, most of which is on unsealed roads and I wasn't feeling so great but Rachel said that yoga was the best thing for a hangover and then we started listening to Eckhart Tolle- 'The Power of Now' guy which made me feel lots better.

He is so cool as he talks about being in the now and just 'being' which is all that matters and really links into how I've been feeling recently especially when I've been on my own here - I've just been enjoying the moment for what it was, and, after all, that's all it is. That's all anything is. I didn't catch it all because the road was pretty bumpy but I'm definitely going to borrow the CD.

After the excitement of not only the chemist, but the butcher's, health food shop and organic market we went to yoga. I know everyone's been telling me that I should go to yoga and how great it will be for me but I guess I wasn't ready before. Yesterday going to yoga seemed the most easy and natural thing for me to do but I would never have done it at home. I would have thought that I didn't have the time or energy...

Rachel told us to relax at the start of the class but I was thinking that I was more stressed than I'd been for days as I was apprehensive about whether I'd be able to do it or not. I was pretty happy with the warm up but then it got a bit more hardcore although I found the standing and floor positions easier and some of them I was quite good at. (I know that's not the point to be good at them straight away but it still made me feel pretty happy.) It helped that Rachel's a really good teacher and not only did I survive the two-hour class (it ran over a bit) but felt really great afterwards.

We then went to the fish and chip shop and had oysters and locally-caught whiting and then the video shop. I don't think I've ever enjoyed the experience of going to a video shop so much before but I really felt like was the most fun thing ever. On the way back we listened to more Eckhart Tolle, had a really interesting chat about it, unpacked all the shopping and then I went to my house and watched a film.

It's great to have energy.

Now I'm going to go to the beach before it gets dark as I didn't go yesterday and am suffering withdrawal symptoms.

3 Comments:

At 12:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

as my teacher always says its not aboout how you do the positions...thats only part of the practise! its the breathing thats most important....oh and yoga IS the best thing for a hangover as you sweat it all out, 2 hours is pretty hardcore tho xx

 
At 6:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

From one yogi -1 1/5 hours type to another 2 ! hours type-shanti. Do you chant that at the end? My teacher often says how the positions open up the chest and that must be good for all of us.

I don't care what other people can do, I just try to make it work for me,the p. xx belva rules or will soon.

 
At 8:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

p cant do yoga, she just rolls about.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home