Fortnight2007_webb1.gif (image) [Fortnight2007_webb1.gif]

Saturday, November 10, 2007

So, finally I'm packing up my things are moving on from KI. It was a difficult decision to make but luckily I made it (and booked my tickets) before the sun came out and the sea warmed up and everything became even more peachy than it was before.

This week I've spent quite a bit of time reading on the beach, been for a couple of brief swims, tested out the lilo, finished painting the beach shed and put hooks up, went for a few walks along the beach and a walk up the cliff, saw a little black tiger snake and a big black tiger snake, went to Stokes Bay which you have to walk through rocks to get to, saw a baby koalie on the back of a mummy one, paddled in the sea, fed Min the kangaroo again, ate dinner in the taverna, cleaned some silver, the car, the kitchen and the oven, put some kites together, drove to Kingscote and went to pick up some bread from the airport, saw two kangaroos fighting, saw more kangaroos grazing, transplanted some grass (and in doing so, nearly cut my food in half), watched some films and did some yoga.

Today I went to yoga and realised that while I'd been doing a bit of yoga with Rachel and Jess it's not the same as a class. Rachel took a two hour class this morning and I felt so, so good afterwards and dived in the sea to cool off afterwards. The bay is beautiful and clear with lots of pretty fishes although it's a bit cold for snorkeling just yet.

This afternoon, we went to the Parndana (local town) show, were there was a sheep shearing competition, dog jumping and a petting zoo but no horses because of the equine flu outbreak. The petting zoo was good (I was the only adult sans child in there) but the kids were giving me a heart attack as some of them were squeezing the chicks so much, I kept expecting them to be asphyxiated. Luckily there were no casualties. Despite their manhandling they had no problems picking them up but when I tried to, I was pecked by the mother hen. Jack, Sandy and Cass's dog, (Sandy and Cass work here) won the dog jumping competition by jumping onto the top of eight straw bales which was pretty cool.

And finally, here are my pics from KI - mostly animals and scenic views (with a few drunken escapades) which pretty much sums up the six weeks I've been here. Although they seem to have filed themselves in the most random order, I'm not sure why.

1 Comments:

At 10:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the photos-what a chubs sheep, sweet horse,great waves and expert sheep shearer. You look so at home amongst the animals and on the horse. Hope you like dogs too xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home