Fortnight2007_webb1.gif (image) [Fortnight2007_webb1.gif]

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Hello from Warrnambool! I've been here since Monday and it's quite cool - I'm wwoofing and have been doing some watering and gardening in the morning and cycling around and chilling out at the beach in the afternoon.

It took me a bit of time to get used to it because obviously it wasn't KI and I wasn't getting five star treatment but it's still pretty good.

I'm not sure what happened to me in Melbourne but it was like as soon as I arrived my stress levels just went up and continued going up, the longer I stayed there. (I know that I haven't really got anything to stress about, after all, I am on a ridiculously long holiday but that's the rational way of looking at things and we all know that I'm not know for my rational thoughts).

It was as if all my relaxation and positive thinking and the stillness and peacefulness I'd experienced on KI had never happenend. When I first arrived in Melbourne, I was still able to totally relax if I tried really hard but after a few days it just became impossible. I couldn't control my breathing when I got stressed (and I was finding more and more stupid, little things so stress about) and that made it worse. And the longer I stayed in the city, the more stressed I became. So I left. I think I'll give cities a miss for a while as I feel much better out here.

3 Comments:

At 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi sweetest p! xx

you, and mich are country animals at heart!You both love the great outdoors-just yours is a bit vaster than his. love p xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

 
At 9:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cities just remind us of all the things we could and should be doing, thats whay I live in the country! I've never been happy living or visiting bustling places, as my head starts to spin. take it easy, don't be hard on yourself for having strange reactions to things :)
Fi

 
At 12:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excuse me woman, my outdoors is actually quite vast considering my size.
mmd xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home