Fortnight2007_webb1.gif (image) [Fortnight2007_webb1.gif]

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Oooh am all happy again as I had a really cool day. Jo and I went for three walks (!) which I managed pretty well considering I was achy as, (remember that Aussism?) after yoga yesterday. I hadn't been for a couple of days as my sugar levels were stupidly high on Monday which was stressing me out until I remembered that dehydration can cause that to happen which meant there was something I could to stop them going up again.

(My doc told me that while in Oz I should drink an extra two litres of water on top of what I normally drink but it wasn't really hot on KI so I definitely wasn't drinking that much and the heat in Melbourne over the weekend was a bit of a shock to the system, that and doing yoga in 42 degrees... My friend Adam, who has cf, said yesterday that he was told to drink five litres a day. Which probably puts an end to my newfound love of wine. For now, anyway.)

So this morning we went for a walk along the Yarra and then we went to the Dandenongs for a picnic and a couple more walks which gave us a highly impressive brightly coloured bird tally of: some noisy minors, a few king parrots, lots of crimson rosellas (who sat on ours heads and tried to eat our lunch), an eastern rosella, two corellas, loads of sulphur-crested cockatoo, some galahs, a kookaburra AND a pair of lyrebirds. All in the wild - pics to follow.

Getting out in the countryside or bush as the locals say, although I still think of the bush as the outback, was also really good and so I realised, again, that I'm just not a city girl and need to get back out there in nature.

Also I'm feeling better because I've now got a Medicare card and have a doctor's appointment on Monday so I can stock up on some meds. I had built this whole doc/meds where am I going to get them from thing into something that was a big, scary obstacle even though it was really easy and a huge weight off my mind. So hurrah!

4 Comments:

At 1:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

just cut down problems into little pieces and they disappear...birds on your head, even pretty ones, don't think e would like that!xx p xx

 
At 12:32 PM, Blogger Fi said...

Sounds like you're having a better time than us here in snowy scotland. What I wouldn't give for 6 months in the sun. Sigh.
xx

 
At 11:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

birds on head? urrgggghhhhhhh.
im not coming unless the birds are all re-trained to keep a respectful distance.

 
At 11:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey - did a fly count up here in the pilbara - got 3 zillion and four. how does sit with your wildlife count? Do pests count or just wannabee pets?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home