Fortnight2007_webb1.gif (image) [Fortnight2007_webb1.gif]

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Thanks for the comments. :) Don't worry, I wasn't going to lie on the form. I've already learnt my lesson. The stress of not telling a previous employer about cf put paid to that. I struggled to hide my pills, tried to stifle my coughs and had to be mysterious about hospital appointments... A sure-fire recipe for getting ill.

But even so, the form completely freaked me out with all the information it requires: conditions (maybe cf AND diabetes will push me over the edge of being employable and it is cf-related diabetes which is totally different, isn't it??); referrals to consultants (what all of them, even dermatologists?); days unwell in the past 24 months; 'episodes' of illness in the last two years. You get the picture. Well, I explained it all yesterday. But what I was trying to say was that the whole thing seems wrong. Why should employers be able to see people's medical records? Anyone's? Everyone's? (Are those apostrophes right?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home