Fortnight2007_webb1.gif (image) [Fortnight2007_webb1.gif]

Monday, January 15, 2007

I had a really quiet weekend as I started feeling a bit peeky on Friday. I worked (well not really worked, served a couple of people incredibly slowly as I tried to remember how to use the till) at the Beehive in the afternoon but was desperate to go home and lie down. As work at the Beehive isn't too strenuous I managed to get through and have a relaxing night. There was nothing really wrong with me - just typical man cf* type illnesses such as chest feeling a bit weird, glands up, and horrible taste in mouth.

It made me realise, again, that I really have no idea how other people with cf who have many more complications than me manage to do so much, eg Angel et al. *Marvel* Speaking of Angel after a couple of days off the ventilator she was put back on it last week but I'm sure, knowing her, she'll be off it again soon and breathing with her new lungs.

I did make it into work today and took part in a very interesting teleconference about trade. I have also been given some of the work I will be expected to do when I am employed. (Looks like there's no going back now.) And it includes some management of volunteers???!! If there's anything I am unqualified to do, then that's it. Oh well, I guess you've got to learn somewhere and somehow.

*a type of mild cf that occasionally manifests itself in a half-hearted type of way (fingers' crossed) which leaves the sufferer (me) complaining in a similar fashion to a man with the common cold i.e. lying on the sofa incapable of doing anything and making a big fuss about it.

1 Comments:

At 6:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tele conferencing! Managing volunteers! Go girl go... I tried to explain to Mich Mash what managing is but he'll have to wait to learn about tele conferencing-when i have found out what it really is! l p xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home