Fortnight2007_webb1.gif (image) [Fortnight2007_webb1.gif]

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

I've just been doing some good tidying up and sorting out. It's quite cathartic as I'm throwing away (recycling, of course) little scraps of paper which, as anyone who's ever been to my house will know, I am very reluctant to part with. This is because these little bits of paper have sentences and words written on them either about myself - what I'm feeling at a particular time - or other people - how they make me feel. All of which are pretty negative and depression-inducing.

I'm trying to be more ruthless in my tidying up as they usually just sit around clogging up my house and my life. So, be banished negative thoughts and feelings. And be banished the continual reminder of them on tiny pieces of paper which I find (and refuse to throw away) every time I tidy up. Be gone and be recycled into something nice instead like paper flowers.

H kindly suggested yesterday that maybe if I didn't make so much mess in the first place I wouldn't have 'tidy' at the top of my 'to do' list everyday. So I'm trying to get on top of all my newspapers as well as the little scraps of paper and other paper paraphernalia I seem to collect. There is loads and loads, perhaps a whole forests worth, so I better get back to it.

Also H's cat Freddie was run over yesterday :( and he is obviously very upset about it. I am therefore trying to be extra specially good and not grumpy at all. In fact, I'm having to be almost grown-up-like which has caused a role reversal of which I am not entirely comfortable. Poor H.

1 Comments:

At 11:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about H's cat.

You are right activity can be good therapy e.g. cooking and tidying up.Although I speak as a serious horder ( again genetic). When I am in the right mood, I'm always amazed to find the rewards of a less cluttered, calmer environment and I take some pride in the quantity of paper in the recycling bin! I might even get some praise from others!

You are so right, you certainly can and will do the things you want to do, you've proved many times that you are not trapped and you can make good decisions.


Good luck finding some appropriate volunteer work.

x G

 

Post a Comment

<< Home