Fortnight2007_webb1.gif (image) [Fortnight2007_webb1.gif]

Saturday, May 27, 2006

A 'me miracle' happened yesterday. I'd been into college and done some work on my film but whereas the other day I really enjoyed working on it, now the whole thing seemed rubbish; my great idea didn't even seem good anymore. I went downstairs to look at the evening courses' exhibition for some inspiration but ended up a bit grumpy as I started wishing I'd done some 'proper art' like drawing, painting or ceramics for my final project but to be honest I'm not skilled enough and don't have the confidence.

Then, as I was leaving I met someone from my course who told me that the painting she is doing for her final project is now one part of an installation with curtains and costumes and masks.

And guess what, I reacted to this news like a normal person! Well almost. This was the 'me miracle'; I didn't feel awful about it. I got a mini-sinking feeling because I felt that my film is completely useless compared to a mini-theatre but that feeling didn't resonate throughout my whole body and my whole life, leaving me a crumbled heap of failure. Hallelujah!

I was feeling a bit off-keel though, so I bought a book about woman artists to inspire me and happy me up. (And it did, FINALLY retail therapy worked for me. Oh, I forgot, I'm meant to be anti-consumer...Talk about bad timing.) Then I went to a nice cafe and wrote down some questions to include in my film to make it better. :)

1 Comments:

At 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love it when miracles happen but you have to be on the look out not to miss them. They don't announce themselves and they can be tiny, but they happen. love p x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home