Fortnight2007_webb1.gif (image) [Fortnight2007_webb1.gif]

Sunday, May 21, 2006

I had some stolen time this morning which was bliss. H was asleep and I was awake early (so much for sleeping-in this weekend) which obviously never happens.

I read some arty-type articles I'd saved from newspapers over the last few months, some from as long ago as October. Which isn't as bad as my Dad who read a sciencey article the other day from a newspaper he'd saved from 1996! They've probably developed a few new theories since then.

Anyway, I read a Freud-bashing article which annoyed me a bit as I'm a big fan of psycho-analysis and his iceberg theory. It's certainly helped me a lot. I also read about Patrick Caulfield (apparently under-rated) and another article about self-portraiture which got a bit intellectual for 9.30am on a Sunday morning or anytime for that matter. Also, there was a profile on Hockney which included this quote which I thought was very funny and a good example of the blurred line between normality and madness.

"I smoke for my mental health. So do most people. If I wasn't smoking, I'd be on anti-depressants. I prefer cigarettes."

2 Comments:

At 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guess which anonymous this is? (One who had to check the spelling of that over-voweled word;y is a vowel in that word, I should know,I'm a soon to be ex literacy teacher) and one who is getting better at not patronising supermarkets. Glad you're getting through old articles because I've some more for you. love p x

 
At 10:54 AM, Blogger Simba said...

What are you talking about? The spelling of anonymous? Methinks you could be a little clearer there

 

Post a Comment

<< Home