Fortnight2007_webb1.gif (image) [Fortnight2007_webb1.gif]

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

I felt much better last night. An email I'd be waiting for all day came through at about 5.30pm which meant I was able to fire off a few letters and emails before I went which made me feel like I'd actually achieved something. :)

Then on the way home, I decided that I really like the weather, or rather extreme weather. I liked the fact that the bus had to slow down because of the wind. It made me feel that humans are less significant and therefore that I'm less significant and as I'm less significant so are my problems, which means I should be less upset. It also makes me think that actually nature is pretty amazing and we think we're so important and can build roads and bridges and cities and concrete everything but if it wants to, the weather can take it all back.

Really in the big scheme of things we aren't that powerful and for someone who has a lot of issues about power and not having control over my own life, it makes me feel better.

3 Comments:

At 8:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have a hitherto well hidden aptitude for philosophy. Sometimes I would like to learn and discuss more of your personal philosophy.

 
At 9:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are amazing! I don't know anyone else who has turned the floods into something so positive! I do agree with your perspective. X g

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Fi said...

I like your way of thinking - I try and tell myself 'it doesn't really matter' when things are on top of me, because ultimately, it doesn't! We'll always get through, and things usually work out for the best :)
All the best
x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home