Fortnight2007_webb1.gif (image) [Fortnight2007_webb1.gif]

Monday, June 25, 2007

Well, I survived the weekend. It wasn't pretty but at least it's over now. I even made it into work today although luckily there's no one here to ask whether I had a good weekend or what I did. I guess they will ask me tomorrow and I'll give a most grumpy reply but they're probably fed up of asking me if I had a good weekend and me saying: "No" and them not then knowing what to say next. Cue me going all quiet and moody and not really speaking for the rest of the morning.

How can people hide their mood? I just find it impossible, like a child. If I'm happy everyone knows and if I'm sad then that's pretty obvious by the lack of my chatter and grumpy demeanour. I just don't understand how you can be sad and pretend to be happy? I can't.

Anyway, I do feel a bit better today. I've even managed to do some work. Although I'm still not right and not being able to work because your too depressed is very scary.

I just phoned the hospital and it looks like there won't be a bed for me until the end of the week. I'm not liking this limbo.

1 Comments:

At 8:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have managed well to get to work today. Hope the weather didn't cause you any major problems on your return journey.

What can you say if people ask you about your weekend? Maybe its worth trying out a few phrases e.g. ok, so -so, restful, I've been catching up on sleep, quiet, etc rather than just answering with a "no"? You don't have to lie or pretend.

Sorry you are having to wait for a hospital bed.

Good luck for the rest of the week.

love, G x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home