Fortnight2007_webb1.gif (image) [Fortnight2007_webb1.gif]

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Yay! It was a lovely sunny day (but luckily not too hot) and I walked six whole miles to raise money for Oxfam. About 25 of us ambled along a circular route starting and finishing in Gargrave in the Yorkshire Dales. Though I'm very sleepy now and all ready for bed...

But before I do, I have some hot-off-the-press news. Thanks to the positive comments I received on here, I've decided to embrace 21st Century fundraising and have created a justgiving page. Yesterday, I thought that the one or two people who might sponsor me could just send a cheque in the post in a ye olde type of fundraising way but I've realised it's unnecessarily complicated for me (anything for an easier life), you don't get tax back and also I get to create another pretty web page. So, anyway you can sponsor me at www.justgiving.com/lucywalk.

And while you're feeling in a generous mood and visiting the justgiving website you can sponsor (if you haven't already) Angel/Emily/Tinypoppet's (Why have one name when you can have three?) much more impressive feat. Check out www.justgiving.com/emilysangels, which is also featured on the justgiving home page. Hurrah!

Thanks very much. :)

Right, time for some much needed sleep for me.

2 Comments:

At 9:54 PM, Blogger Tinypoppet said...

lolol, loving the multiname comment :p

Have given you a little something to start you off....Muchly hugness Ms Simba xx

 
At 8:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations! I bet it was hot enough yesterday. Sounds a pretty route.enjoy a restful day today. G x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home