Fortnight2007_webb1.gif (image) [Fortnight2007_webb1.gif]

Friday, June 16, 2006

I'm not very good at this drumming up support and sponsorship lark but thought I should tell the world that I'm doing a walk for Oxfam tomorrow. I'm doing the shortest (six mile) one, which when I looked at the map actually seemed much more than that. Hopefully the worst thing about it will be having to get up ridiculously early. I freaked out when I read the instructions and realised I had to get a train at 08.49am! That's earlier that I get up ever, ever.

Now, luckily, I've been offered a lift (must lift-share to make the most of those nasty pollution-emitting cars) which means I'm getting picked up at nine which is soooooooo much better :).

If anyone would like to sponsor me, all pennies, cheques, gold and silver pieces and magic beans will be gratefully received. The money is going to the Oxfam East Africa Food Crisis Appeal and for development work in East Africa. Thanks x

2 Comments:

At 9:53 AM, Blogger Tinypoppet said...

wow Ms Simba! HUGE respect to you for doing this, 6 miles doesnt sound short to me! I hope it all goes really well today, look forward to hearing about it :) xx ps - do you have a justgiving page?

 
At 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck for the Oxfam walk!Which is the best way to sponsor you?
? a cheque to Oxfam......... sent to you? or are there more modern ways ?
When is the art exhibition? Is it open at a weekend? So glad to hear that the film doesn't need hanging!A clever choice! x G

 

Post a Comment

<< Home