Fortnight2007_webb1.gif (image) [Fortnight2007_webb1.gif]

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

No wonder I get so tired, it's mad being me. One day I'm questioning the point in life and the next I'm making lemonade in a jolly fashion like a member of the Famous Five.

I did some work on my film at college today and as I hadn't worked on it for a couple of weeks, I'd forgotten what I'd done. Luckily, it was actually better than I remembered! Then feeling more confident than normal, I had a meeting with my tutor (which I'd been avoiding for weeks) and he was actually pretty enthusiastic about it too. Hurrah! He has even pardoned me from doing anymore cleaning and painting of the studio (in preparation for the exhibition) so I can concentrate on my work. Eek now my work's got to live up to expectation which means... pressure. But I work better under pressure, apparently. At least now, I feel I will have something that's worthy of exhibiting which is more than I did at the weekend when I was seriously questioning why I was inviting people.

And finally, a bit of Tesco-bashing. I liked this from Deborah Orr's column in The Independent on Saturday.

"Am I the only person in the country who feels that Tesco had taken an admirably consistent and honest stand by banning its drivers from displaying the cross of St George? The company does not after all support English farmers, English suppliers or English shopkeepers. Why on earth should it start making an exception now, and being supporting English footballers?"

2 Comments:

At 12:24 PM, Blogger Simba said...

Says he who cycles everywhere and would rather put up with a bit of chillyness than put the heating on! xx

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger Simba said...

Or rather chilliness (see I really can't spell!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home