Fortnight2007_webb1.gif (image) [Fortnight2007_webb1.gif]

Thursday, June 08, 2006

Who'd have thought it? High vis jackets are not only incredibly unfashionable and life-saving but they're also handy transportation devices.

H pretty much single-handedly keeps all the delivery companies in Leeds in business and luckily I'm at home a lot to receive his parcels but this time I wasn't. However, instead of having to re-arrange delivery or go miles to pick up a parcel, the delivery person took it to the local Post Office which I thought was ridiculously sensible. Why doesn't everyone do this?

So after my walk with Noodle and getting some provisions for our journey south, I went to pick up the parcel but it wouldn't fit in my bag and I couldn't really carry it. I tried walking with the box balanced on top of the bike but it was too unstable so instead, I managed to put the box through the armholes of the jacket and tie it onto my handlebars. I was a bit unbalanced so I ambled my way down the hill to my house and voila! Mission accomplished.

I was pretty excited to see The Independent's front page yesterday that Britain is in the grip of a cycling revolution. Apparently, trips by bike have increased by 50 per cent in last five years in London. But that's all I learnt as I could only read it quickly in the newsagents as I've banned myself from buying anymore newspapers until I read or recycle the humongous pile in our sitting room. Better pack them up and take them to Brands Hatch (for the rare occasion when I'm not riveted by the racing, of course).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home