Fortnight2007_webb1.gif (image) [Fortnight2007_webb1.gif]

Friday, May 05, 2006

I was really nervous about going to my hospital appointment today because I've stopped most of my stomach medicines as I was so fed up with taking an ever-increasing cocktail of drugs that didn't seem to do anything.

Instead, I've been experimenting with taking linseed and eating fruit and drinking lots of water and gallons of prune juice and prune juice and sugar and warm prune juice (you get the idea) and anything else that's ever been linked to digestion. Unfortunately coffee and chocolate which work well for some people, don't work for me. :( ...Or maybe I just haven't eaten enough chocolate in one go?!

Nothing I've tried works brilliantly but I've started taking Cod Liver Oil and Lactolose in the evening which does help. My stomach still has a tendency to expand to balloon proportions every few days but at least I'm not in pain. More importantly I feel more in control. Before I felt like I was on a conveyor belt with more and more medicine being thrown at me that wasn't doing anything expect drowning me and being incredibly time consuming to take.

Anyway, after worrying about stopping my meds, no one at the hospital seemed bothered. (I mean, I didn't really get ANY reaction). The dietician didn't seem to care are just wanted to know if I was drinking lots of water and the doctor even said "Oh, good" when I told him I wasn't taking a long list of medicines I'd been prescribed.

I suppose the bottom line is, I feel better and seem happier and they can't really argue with that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home