Fortnight2007_webb1.gif (image) [Fortnight2007_webb1.gif]

Thursday, June 22, 2006

This morning when H woke me up at 7.30am, I felt so awful that I didn't think I had the energy to get through the day even if everything went well, which was ridiculously unlikely. I was so tired, my brain hurt and I definitely couldn't have carried out any tasks that required my brain to function (mind you, it has enough trouble normally). So, I went back to sleep until 10am which saved my day.

I took H's projection-holding-contraption (which he made in half an hour the other night) into college and the tutors loved it and didn't want me to hide it away in a box like I'd planned. I think they liked it better than my film! However, not having thought through it's construction properly, I'd forgotten about the projector's power cables so I picked up a hacksaw (I just about remembered what one was, I think I used one in CDT when I was about 12) and cut the side of the wood so my projector would fit in its new house and be able to be plugged in (which is obviously quite important). And to my surprise it worked! My woodwork may not be pretty but at least it does the job.

I'm still having problems with the images I'm projecting but just as I thought I could have a long lie-in tomorrow as it was nearly ready, my tutor told me I couldn't rest the book (which I'm projecting onto) against a plinth, and instead would have to hang it from the ceiling. (I'm not projecting it onto the floor anymore.) And not only that but they expected me to do it there and then at 4.45pm or rather, rush down into town before the hardware shop shut at five to buy some hooks and wire and do it tonight. So I told them "No" in no uncertain terms that I was too tired and was going home.

So my week has been and continues to be pretty stressful but today was loads better than yesterday and when I got home my old boss had emailed asking me to write a comment piece against embryo research, which really happied-me-up.

Today, doing next year's course was back on the agenda but then I remembered what an amazing buzz I get when someone asks me to write an article and it makes me think that I'm not a complete failure as a journalist or human-being.

1 Comments:

At 7:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Impressive woodworking skills! Good luck for the final preparations tomorrow. Enjoy the journalism as a contrast to woodwork.I hope you can have a relaxing weekend, love, G x

 

Post a Comment

<< Home