Fortnight2007_webb1.gif (image) [Fortnight2007_webb1.gif]

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Now I'm feeling really gross. I've just gobbled down more sweets in the last half an hour than I probably should've done in a week. I was in desperate need of some sugar therapy and it did give me a boost but I think now I'm on the comedown.

College is completely doing my head in and in my normal completely rational way, I feel like never going back there ever, ever, ever again. Anyway, this afternoon I was too tired to stay any longer and too tired to cycle home. Finally, I summoned up the energy to leave and immediately felt soooooo much better.

However, I decided I still needed a major sugar rush but to my horror, the newsagent I stopped at had a totally empty sweet counter. (I mean, a newsagent without sweets or chocolate, what's that about?) I enquired about the shocking state of affairs and was directed to a blue box with about ten bars of chocolate in it. Obviously, I bought one, but what I really needed was some gelatine-based food so even though I was exhausted, I went out of my way to track down some cherry lips and midget gems!

So to matters other than how frustrating setting up a projector is plus the incredibly annoying habit of tutors trying to get you to do what they want rather than what you want, I want to say a big well done to the WI who yesterday returned packaging to supermarkets in a bid to get them to reduce the ridiculous amount they use.

While I'm on items of a news-worthy nature, I think it's absolutely disgusting that Thames Water has announced a 31% rise in profits while missing its target for reducing leakages for the third year in a row. It makes me so mad. grrrrrrrrr.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home